One long string of random thoughts...

Saturday, January 26, 2008

What I don't understand




What I really don't get is the Monster Truck Rally. Bryan and I were lucky enough to attend one of these gatherings last weekend with Sarah and Ryan. And about 30,000 of our closest less-than-savory type friends. I mean, where did these people come from? We are in San Diego for heaven's sake. A friend of mine, upon hearing this story, suggested they came from Riverside. Those of you familiar with the area are catching my drift. Honestly, I'm pretty sure the thing almost sold out. And if it can sell out here you probably have to get tickets weeks in advance in Texas.

All I can say is that maybe trucks with big wheels smashing things is not my gig. Bryan really enjoyed the Gravedigger and is now claiming that he saw the home of Gravedigger while on his mission. I'm trying to explain to him that its just a truck, not a real celebrity but I think I'm losing that argument.

We tailgated in the parking lot beforehand and I saw a lot of things that I can honestly say I've never seen before. I won't go into most of them here because this is a family blog. Suffice it to say we felt a little "out of place" among the clientele. However, lucky for me we will be joining Ryan and Sarah's yearly tradition of attending this little show as Bryan so emphatically informed me about halfway through the program. He loved it. And Ryan was born in a doublewide trailer so he is right at home and happy to introduce us to the ways of his people.

I did love the Motocross. I really wish I could do a backflip on a motorcycle, or maybe any kind of backflip for that matter.

Ok, I'm off to see "27 Dresses," which I am so EXCITED about. I have a weakness for chick flicks of all sorts, among other things (churros, chocolate, shoes, etc). Lucky for me (and Bryan), Krystle has agreed to also save her boyfriend the torture of sitting through this unprecedented, breakthrough film and go with me!!!!

3 comments:

3703 said...

"the" Gravedigger? It's just "Gravedigger" and Gravedigger happens to be the best and most amazing monster truck ever. So great that his T-shirts cast $28.

Jerald said...

I think you should put a better picture of Bryan on this blog, you look great, but he looks like he's just gotten over the stomach flu...Mom

Peter FNFN said...

i second that. Gravedigger was ALWAYS my favorite growing up!
and p.s. i think it should be Rumbler, not The Rumbler.