One long string of random thoughts...

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bridal Shower Mania




I pretty much had the best bridal shower ever last weekend. It was amazing, and it looked better than my wedding possibly will. We had it out by Janette's pool and there were centerpieces and everything! I couldn't believe it was actually for me!

Unfortunately I only scored 70% in a game of "What Bryan Said" so we're hoping that doesn't bode for C- quality in our marriage.

Other than that, I haven't seen or done too much exciting. As not to disappoint my readers, I will tell you about something random that happened (fortuitously this evening). I was minding my own business, standing at a stoplight waiting to cross. Some random (possibly loony) man came running up next to me, punched the crosswalk button and ran back the other direction about 10 feet. Then he turned his back on me and put his hands behind his head like he was just hanging out there. When I crossed the street he didn't come with me. Just stood there on the corner, turned BACK around, and watched me cross. I was just invisioning the headline, "Crazy man stabs innocent girl on crowded street corner," as I looked over my shoulder all the way home as I was sure he was following me!

5 comments:

emi. said...

maren!!! happy bridal shower! i'm so sad I couldn't be there! i was there in spirit...in the flower bouquets

kkrich said...

hey your engagemnt photos are so great! ps- congratulations!!!

oh and this is not a phish to be invited, no worries. i know we aren;t that cool.
kari (orlando)-rich

Unknown said...

Happy Bridal shower! Wish I could have been there...I hope someone bought you some highly inappropriate things on my behalf :)

Elmer Family said...

Look like a great shower! Enjoy the weekend!!

Peter FNFN said...

hey maren! sorry i haven´t checked your blog in such a long time! i was so glad to see your email about your new email address! haha... funny, but i never thought about someone getting a new email address just because they got married! jk

p.s. i´m still mad i wasn´t invited to the bridal shower. big mistake maren!