One long string of random thoughts...

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Summer Reading



As most of you know, in approximately 6 weeks I will be embarking on my yearly trip to Cabo. Where I will lay by the pool for 7 days, read books, and drink virgin pina coladas from the swim-up bar. Maybe surf a little with my brother and dad. Ok, you are wondering, why are you telling us this?

I need suggestions for reading material poolside. It is imperative I take at least 7 books with me, as I generally read 1 per day. Unless it is young adult lit (on Emily's suggestions) in which case I can read 2 per day. Please submit your ideas for my summer reading enlightenment. I would love it!

This is a picture of the circumstances I will be in come August 10-17 (from previous year's albums)...

3 comments:

Jerald said...

You know I can't give you any ideas cuz I only read murder and mayhem. I'm sure your friends can give you more appropriate reading material. You will also need stuff to read on your cross country flight, good luck and when you are ready to read "lite" let me know.

Mom

Lisa said...

I have no idea what kind of books you like to read but "A Girl Named Zippy: Growing Up Small in Mooreland Indiana" by Haven Kimmel is awesome. It's a memoir, full of funny, clean stories.
Lisa

Megan said...

Okay, I've got the best book for you -- I honestly couldn't put it down! It's called Seductive Poison and it's by Deborah Layton. She is one of the few Jonestown survivors (remember when over 1000 Americans drank a poisoned drink to commit mass suicide down in Guyana?). It's a fascinating book that really helps you to understand how people can even get themselves involved in cults, the insanity of Jim Jones (the leader), and how she escaped. Excellent read. I recommend it to everyone. I think it educates and teaches so we aren't all so judgmental towards people who do somehow get involved in crazy things.