One long string of random thoughts...

Friday, April 11, 2008

Cleft Palate




Last weekend's engagement definitely overshadowed the other events of Friday and Saturday...And rightfully so. However, I spent the rest of the weekend working with a Cleft Palate surgery team in Mexicali. I go often with this team and the spirit of working together there is amazing. I love to see people doing something just to help, and that's what it is! What a great time and a great experience, as it always is!

The most random part of the whole thing was sitting at the border waiting to cross. I was wondering, like I always do, why there are suspiciously American-named MD's and dentists doing surgery for cash just south of the border fence. I smell malpractice in their past? Nothing like running from the law and the AMA in Mexico.

2 comments:

amy said...

you are always so good about doing service, mar!

ChelMo said...

I'm glad I found your blog! A huge congrats to you! Let me know if you're interested in seeing our (now blocked) blog, though it's mostly just bragging about the wee one.

Chelsea (Smith) Monahan