One long string of random thoughts...

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Pooltime!



I would like to introduce you all to my favorite little girl on the planet (outside my own sisters...who aren't really little anymore). This is Lilly. Lilly has been having parties with Josi, Darcie, and I since she was 2 months old. She used to sit at the table on someone's lap and laugh at the jokes during girl talk when she wasn't even old enough to crawl. We love being her honorary aunties when her real aunts aren't here. In fact, I got my only valentine this year from Lill.



When Lilly turned 1, her mom Hillary was a little concerned about her starting to talk. Lill learned to do sign language and started gaining a few words here and there. Well, I am happy to report (I know I may be the only one who gets excited about these things) that Lilly is well above age-appropriate with her speech/language now. Yesterday she turned to me while swimming in the pool and said "I love the swimming pool TODAY!" Then she exercised her complete control over all of us by giving me directions to go "this way" and then "that way" all over the pool. Now this is a child who loves the camera and the camera loves her...I was taking pictures of her at one point and then I stopped. The next thing I knew she was going to do some little trick and turned to me and said "Camera?" She wasn't going to do it until I took a picture of her.

Also, baby Owen is the newest addition to the family. He's pretty cute too. You'll see him with Auntie Jos. Lilly thinks he is her little doll which is pretty great to watch.

Hilarious. Love those kids. Check out the slideshow of our little princess at her pool party yesterday.

4 comments:

h said...

You guys are certainly the best honorary aunties Lill and Owen could ask for. And you're definitely life-savers for their mom! Thanks, Maren. Love the post and love the blog.

emi. said...

Maren!!!

Your blog is so fantastic.

thank you for being such a fun/good person.

emi. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J said...

Maren, I have warned you once...don't make me warn you again! You know what you need to do missy!!!