One long string of random thoughts...

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Dramamine is not a nice drug





Well now that I have slept off the Dramamine I took a week ago, I'm ready to write about my latest adventure. See, thing is, I took a trip up to Monterey last weekend and I got a little sick on the way back down Highway 1 in Big Sur. The carsickness probably would have passed given a few minutes, but in my deluded and nauseous state I took Josh's advice and pounded not one but TWO generic Dramamine. According to Josh and the packaging this was "non-drowsy" Dramamine. I may sue for false advertising, since I proceeded to sleep for the next 6 hours. I did awaken from my slumber like Rip van Winkle for two stops, at which I sort of wobbled around and then fell asleep immediately when back in the car. About 2 hours into my nap, apparently Josh turned to Bryan and said, "Maybe we should have only given her one pill." Good call guys, but a little too late. Remind yourself that Josh wants to go to medical school. Yikes. My mother actually called in the middle of this hibernation and I answered the phone through the fog. She asked if I was stoned.

Monterey itself was amazing. We stayed at a beautiful beach house, I won't even begin to describe it because that could take up the whole blog. I saw a great white shark in captivity (a small juvenile) at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I'm sure I was the first on my block since it was the shark's first day EVER on display. Pretty proud of that. Apparently, according to disturbingly small signage, a surfer came in even closer contact with a great white shark in the water immediately in front of the house about 3 days before we got there. Needless to say, I did not go swimming. Although swimming with sharks while on Dramamine could have been very interesting...

My advice to you all is: unless you want to miss an entire day of your mortal life, try those motion sickness bracelets first. Dramamine should definitely be your last resort.

3 comments:

Jerald said...

How come I am always the first to post? I need a life, your dad is always saying that. Anyway, I was pretty happy to hear that you were only popping dramamine, you seriously sounded like you had spent a few hours in a bar, throwing back a few. That seemed so out of character...I could have let them know how little medicine it takes to knock you out. I was kind of hoping that we would get some good tales of you talking in your sleep at dinner yesterday, but alas...none.

Love Mom

Designing Woman said...

Mare,
I just wanted to comment on the engagement photos of you and Brian. Very nice, which one are you going to use? I prefer the one where you have your backs to the camera, very mysterious and "arts-y" :)

tjcool18 said...

Your pictures make me wish that I had someone.