One long string of random thoughts...

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Full House Reincarnated

You may note that this is my second reference to the legendary show on this blog. I will just say I was a little obsessed as a child. So Hayley and I spent every free moment our mom would let us watching reruns of DJ, Steph, and Michelle on the TV. I turned out ok despite this, I think...

Anyway, the point of this is that I lived my Full House dream approximately 3 weeks ago. You are all going to be jealous so remember, you are breaking one of the 10 commandments when you covet this experience. I swam with dolphins. Now when I say "swam with dolphins" I mean, I held onto Olin's (the dolphin's name obviously) dorsal fin and rode around the pool. Ever wonder what that feels like? Sort of like the way I waterski, being dragged behind the boat mostly. I mean I got to dance with, touch, feed, and kiss a dolphin. My poor dad had to spend a fortune on what I'm sure he saw as a ridiculous tourist trap, but he practically made my life. I have begged to do this on every tropical vacation, and apparently the fact that I spent my birthday trapped inside a plane on the Dulles airport tarmac finally broke Dad's willpower and he gave in.

Of course, everyone else was loving it (as you will see from the pics), especially Mom who wants to go back to school to be a dolphin trainer now. Reid had a fear he was going to escape with only one leg intact, so he was just happy that the dolphin didn't have a violent streak.

Furthermore, apparently there are no rules on dolphin cruelty in Mexico because poor Olin was pregnant when she was forced to carry all of us (except Hayley, which if you are smart you will not mention to her since she's slightly bitter) around the pool at high speeds.

4 comments:

Jerald said...

hahaha, you did a better job of this than I even imagined. Poor Hayley is never going to recover, she sent us the words to the full house theme song after you emailed the dolphin pics. Dolphin trainer? Do you think I'm too old?

mom

Allison said...

Maren - I am sooo jealous. It hurt a little for me to read this as I am still holding onto my dream of swimming with our underwater friends. I found your blog through Lisa and have enjoyed reading your humorous posts! It was fun to see you a few weeks back!

tjcool18 said...

Did the Dolphin´s cure anyone´s physical ailments in the family?

Peter FNFN said...

i'm really jealous of you and tj right now. i love school and all that goes along with it... but every once in a while i wish i was working... with paid vacation, etc.
punk!