One long string of random thoughts...

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Onesies

Babies...Everybody loves them. But nobody more than me! Anyway, so I got a little carried away the past few weeks and imagined myself a crafter. I decided that Amy's little one (coming any day huh Amers?) needed some one-of-a-kind apparel. Clearly I decided to custom applique onesies. Seemed easy enough when I had the idea. Then of course I remembered that the baby needed some matching headbands as well. Just an easy little project. No big deal.

3 onesies, hot glue sticks, special fabric glue, lots of cutting, 4 skeins of embroidery floss, hours at the fabric store, multiple needle sticks later these are what surfaced...Thank you Darcie for providing such wonderful modeling skills. Well hopefully baby likes them in the one time she gets to wear them before they fall apart...Of course you can't see my favorite part. The brown one has a pink heart embroidered on the back near the hip.




At least the middle aged ladies at the shower LOVED them. One lady: "Did you MAKE those?" Me: "Yes." Lady: "Well my son and his wife aren't even pregnant yet but you are invited to the shower." Hmmmm...Hours of sweatshop textile labor for someone I don't even know? Somehow I think the punch, finger foods, and diapers with candy game (all you girls know the one I'm talking about) won't make it worth it.

On the way home from the shower Kristy so lovingly pointed out that the baby will probably only wear them one time before she grows out of them anyway. Thanks for that. I can only hope there will be more baby girls coming down the pike.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Maren I think those are awesome! You've inspired me to do something crafty...or maybe I'll just go watch TV and think about the cool shirts you made.

Designing Woman said...

Love them!!! Brilliant....But, "Me": Is that green one a speedo? "You":....

Maren said...

No Krystle it is a t-shirt instead of a onesie (size 24 months) and Josi wanted it to have a "kangaroo pocket"

Jerald said...

no photos of the matching headbands. Hmmm, Darcy must not have been THAT cooperative, hahah. I know, you just didn't want her to stretch them out...

mom

amy said...

Baby Clarky already loves the adorable homemade onesies you lovingly made for her. Thank you for all your hard work, Mar-Bear! I love them too. She is going to be the most stylish baby around with her 3 local aunties.