One long string of random thoughts...

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tag



See I was always the fat kid that got tagged in Elementary school. Being the easy target did not make me overly fond of this game. Now I've been cyber-tagged by Christy who no doubt was the skinny girl in hip Guess jeans that made my life miserable.

Alright fine, I'll play. I've lost a little weight since then, maybe it will be fun.

I'm supposed to divulge 6 little known facts about myself. Then tag some of you lucky bloggers to do the same.

1)I'm afraid of dinosaurs. This may not actually be "little-known" but it is embarassing enough that it should be. I hate Jurassic Park, and the sound of velociraptors makes me cringe. Bryan keeps trying to convince me to go to a dinosaur IMAX movie. Apparently he wants me to die from cardiac arrest.

2)I cried in kindergarten soccer. I hated playing and threw a tantrum every time Mom put me in the van to go to practice. The only way I would play is if I had ribbons in my hair to "match my outfit." Even then playing mostly entailed picking dandelions.

3)I once had a male cat I named Flower. Wasn't really fair to the poor thing. I thought he looked like a skunk.

4)Once in college I sprayed adhesive on toilet seats in the bathroom down the hall. Those girls were really mean and ornary. T-Hall girls will support me on this. They deserved it. I know, sweet innocent little me? I'm not proud of this action, but I must confess it.

5)Everyone in my family is taller than me. They call me "midge" (short for midget). Apparently all those grape-nuts instead of sugared cereals didn't do much. By the time the younger ones came along Mom had given up that battle and they've grown as tall as weeds on a diet based in processed sugar and complex carbohydrates. See photographic evidence.

6)I have been goosed more times than I can count by old demented men. And if I had a dollar for every time they tried to touch my hair...

Ok, so I guess I'll tag some of you, if this is a second tag then please ignore. On second thought, you have to divulge a second set of 6 things...

I tag:

Bryan

Lisa C.

Evan

Hilary/Casey

Natalie

TJ

Good luck...

10 comments:

lisa c. said...

So now I need help with my blog, my layout was apparently not copied correctly, so the site that had all those templates went down. Where did you get your cute one?

Jerald said...

Oh my gosh you're killing me. I thought for sure you would write about how much you LOVE clowns. You really were a strange kid, we never knew what was going to come out of your mouth, usually it was very intelligent but pretty off the wall...you are short, but you were not fat in school. Not anorexic, just normal. Just to set the record straight. mom

tjcool18 said...

I don't participate in such childish games. I worry that it would hurt the integrity of my blog.

Lisa said...

so what toilet seats did you spray? And which mean girls are you talking about? I'm sure I'll back you up.

Evan said...

I, too, will not post this on my blog because I'm a sissy, but here you go:

1) I had a kickin' mullet for YEARS when I lived in Maine
2) I was wearing black & neon green spandex shorts upon my very first arrival back to SD in 6th grade. They were cool where I was from
3) my initials spell EAR (that's a lame one, sorry)
4) I thought the "light" in The National Anthem was "dawnzerly" as opposed to "dawn's early" for YEARS!!
5) As late as 9th grade (I'm pretty sure) I would sport my Pop's eel-skin cowboy boots around the 'hood.
6) I'm phobic about bridges (like the Coronado... terrifying)

The H Factor said...

You all have an interconnected blog under-world. How do I get in on this? Is there an initiation fee? Hazing?

Designing Woman said...

You are all wimps! Maren I am not afraid of the "tag" I am going to embrace it!

Designing Woman said...

....and I think you are the perfect height ;)

Unknown said...

woah woah woah....I was SO NOT the skinny girl in Guess jeans in High school! I HATED that girl!

I was the orchestra nerd, never had a boyfriend, and voluntarily PERMED my hair. In 1998.

Myabe I should have posted those little facts in ym 'tag' haha.

WEll good job anyway. Youll be pleased to know that I too am an old man magnet..

christy

Harper and Blair said...

haha maren maybe u shouldnt post that imberrising fact that we are all taller than u. yeah i thought that u would say u hate clown too. haha oh well. hey does brian know all this about u?????