One long string of random thoughts...

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Martha Stewart here I come...




So last week I tried to make Halloween sugar cookies in the spirit of the season and all. Being that I hate dressing up I have to celebrate in other ways (e.g. cookies, forcing people to attend the Haunted Hotel, etc.). I bought this special food coloring in black and orange to decorate my festive cookies. Of course, I did not read the box and when I went to use it I realized that it was "convenient gel." WHAT? The convenient gel ended up splattered all over my kitchen after I had to use a fork to basically fling it into the homemade frosting. Even though it made a ominous black color, I would venture to say that its execution was less convenient than handy liquid coloring drops. And I wasn't too blessed about the stains it left all over my fingers. All in all, I guess it was worth it because Josi accused me of trying to outdo everyone's favorite homemaker convict extraordinaire with my creations. A small scale food coloring disaster is little price to pay for cookie beauty.




And in other, much more exciting news...

Don't worry, my mom only wishes this one was mine. Sunday, 5 peas in a pod became 6 as we welcomed little baby Audra into the world. The cutest baby in San Diego had a multitude of instant fans, me included. Isn't she so sweet? See Amy and Aaron's blog for more details! Congrats A-team, thanks for taking one for the team and giving us all a new mini cuddler!

4 comments:

Designing Woman said...

Those cookies ARE beautiful! However, not as beautiful as Audra! I did check out the "A-Team's" pics and they were oh-so-cute. And you won the little weight bet we had going on, in case you didn't realize (7-6, you got it right on...how are you always right?!)

The Woodlands said...

I LOVE the way you celebrate Maren, Dahling!!
I am actually a "dresser-upper" of the fullest kind, but cookies are a CLOOOOSE second for me during any holiday-time!!
Now...if you had just thought to share with the Woodland Fam. I could be completely appreciative...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Matthew Gardner said...

nice cookies....wish I was there...so I could blow a candle out...and then proceed to drool on them.

Jerald said...

Nice cookies maren, its a DNA thing, our family isn't big on dressing up, but festive cookies are a must every halloween.

Mom