One long string of random thoughts...

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Does this look dangerous to you?


Because it certainly startled me when I turned around and saw that giant owl looking like it was ready to peck my eyes out. Turns out she was well-behaved (thankfully) and was not attacking the lady behind us, she was being trained by her. Welcome to the San Diego Zoo...where the animals get so close they scare you. Just a tip, do not sit at the top of the stadium during the Sea Lion Show. Our feathered friend here did a dive bomb to start the show that literally almost gave me a mohawk. Bryan of course thought my little shrieking reaction to our neighbor (when I first saw her) was hilarious.

Just another day in San Diego. We love our animal friends around here. I think I have spent more time in the last year observing marine and land animals than any person should. I mean, what is my problem? You haven't seen me excited until you have seen my face during the Shamu show. It brings out the kid in you (I even think that's what the commercials used to say).

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! We are excited to be splitting the time between home sweet home (here) and Arizona. I hope you all have a wonderful time feasting on way too many calories and being way too happy about it. I know I will.

2 comments:

Matthew Gardner said...

You shrieked? The girl who runs touchdowns in powderpuff?
By the way, I have jury duty in San Diego on Dec. 17th. think they'll let me off?

Designing Woman said...

my favorite part of the shamu show is when you realize that the real adult trainer has the same necklace as the "boy version of him" in the movie...man i wish i had better widdeling skills :)

(ps: i totally gave up on food control sometime on wednesday)