One long string of random thoughts...

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Turkey Trot




So we did a little Thanksgiving 5k last week to benefit Father Joe's efforts to nourish San Diego's home-challenged. I, for one, did not set any land speed records but I did feel a lot better about eating the ridiculous delicious dinner spread that night. I will, for your enjoyment, list off some of the sights we saw at one of San Diego's largest turkey trots (in Balboa Park--always a scene of randomness):

-Dogs in strollers
-Dogs in front packs
-Infants walking on leashes (just kidding but that would have been ironic)
-Miniature dachsunds walking a mile a minute
-Participants wearing indian headresses and pilgrim hats
-Mr. and Mrs. Claus (wearing full garb) cheering on runners at the finish line. Mind you Mrs. Claus was wearing a mini skirt and Santa was wearing shorts but whatever, this is San Diego.
-Someone wearing a plush turkey as a hat, while running full speed
-People twice my age who finished before me
-Last but not least, the source of this week's Quote of the Week..."Look, the real Father Joe!!! Right there, under the tent. Everyone look!"--Darcie. And it was. He looked slightly dazed but nevertheless benevolent.

Also I saw the Christmas lights at the Mesa, Arizona Temple. I was amazed and astounded by all the different colors as well as the sheer magnitude of the light display. I mean camels and wise men made from lights, you are kidding right? Not to mention the delicious Mexican food that came after...

3 comments:

Peter FNFN said...

mrs. claus? she's cheating on me again! i never wear shorts in my "full garb"

nice pictures marencita! long time no see...

Natalee said...

Maren I couldn't stop laughing at the owl picture and your comment that was awesome! Looks like you had a fun thanksgiving! Post on the t-hall soon we need updates ;)

Jerald said...

hey a month without blogging? have you been busy or something?

mom