One long string of random thoughts...

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Tristan is my heroine (hero-ette not drug)

So last week we went to see Tristan Prettyman LIVE AND IN CONCERT at this small venue, standing room only and sold out. I was pretty much euphoric over it because I love her music, love her voice, love everything and up to this point I've only seen her as someone else's opener. A whole SHOW starring our hometown singing star? What more could I want. If you don't know her, check it out on iTunes...She's like a female Jack Johnson who sings all about love (I know, just what my male readers were looking for). Nothing like a native girl singing it out on the local stage.

But I wouldn't leave you with that story without telling you the random thing that happened now would I? What would this blog be without my commentary on the random world at large? So before the concert started, they came on the PA and said, "No flash photography and no photography after the 3rd song." We were all chuckling, thinking "those big jokesters"--this place is a little funky and offbeat. Well, turns out on song #4 a big, beefy bouncer came over and told little missy standing next to us that she wasn't allowed to take pictures anymore. He actually fought his way through the crowd. Such a weird rule, what is the logic in that? Why not "no photos. Period." or "No flash photos." Maybe Tristan has an allergic reaction to photography and she can only take 3 songs worth and then starts to break out in hives. Who knows.

Here's a picture of us at the show:














Second random musing of the week--we went out to Bryan's parents' house last weekend to celebrate Easter. And I got to DYE EGGS!!! Technically Bryan too but he didn't seem to be as interested as you will see below. Don't worry because we got a little competitive with the egg hunt and I ended up pushing (ok shoving) Bryan out of the way to get an egg. I'm really serious about getting chocolate. So shoot me.


5 comments:

Jerald said...

You are so random, your life continues to amuse and amaze!
mom

Peter FNFN said...

what are all those mugs? they look so random... do tell

p.s. i don't think you're that random. who's NOT random anyways? thus we're all un-random

The Fab Fabian Life said...

You are so funny and your boyfriend is cute :)

Unknown said...

Don't worry about other people getting mixed up with a heroic female and a drug because the drug is actually spelled heroin. I am very knowledgeable about these things... So how come you will never let Adam and I hang out with you, huh? Have a good weekend (wink wink)!--Jenn

Matthew Gardner said...

you're wearing a Kaiizen shirt. good for you.