One long string of random thoughts...

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Brand spanking new blog


My roommates and my ex-roommate (now married and prego, yipppeee!) are going to see Dirty Dancing as some sort of anniversary screening. I have only seen it once so I cannot participate in the reenaction of "favorite scenes" that is currently going on in my living room...Apparently I can't be in the club because the first time I saw it (in college) I felt so violated I had to check the rating on the box to make sure it was really only PG-13. So here I am...

I have decided that blogging is going to be my new hobby. Well, along with the sailing lessons I hope to take this summer. But I think sharing my personal life with all of you via the web will be just as enriching. Or at least I hope.

Hopefully this will prove to be more lasting than my tennis skills that I acquired last summer as my enrichment project. I played tennis last night with some friends and let me just say, I was slightly embarrassed to admit that I took tennis lessons for months last year. My returns were not always so much in the "clay" if you will. But hey, at least I had a tennis skirt. I was contemplating after that experience whether I really like tennis or if I just like the outfits. I came to the conclusion that the outfits significantly help the appeal...For the boys also, from what I hear.

Also, sorry for the huge picture, they tell me it will shrink when I put up more posts...

4 comments:

emi. said...

"'CAUSE I HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE! AND I OWE IT ALL TO YOU!!!" I know how you feel about Dirty Dancing. But I must say the song "She's like the wind" (by Patrick himself) and "I had the time of my life" should be the themes songs of this blog.

Jerald said...

You are so funny, I guess we have this to look forward too, instead of facebook. The funny part is you were always more interested in the outfit for sports until high school. It wasn't until then that you finally figured out that they were called "uniforms". I remember you worrying that we wouldn't have a hair ribbon that matched your "uniform" when you played Snuffy. hahahaha

Ally said...

maren...do you miss me to play tennis with, at least you won some games against me. and at least you look the part of a great tennis player in a little kirt.

tjcool18 said...

I can attest to the power of the tennis skirt, since I was Maren's doubles partner that night. I didn't even get mad, when she shanked shots, because who can yell at a girl in a tennis skirt. Actually Maren had some excellent returns, I think the tennis lessons paid off.

In regards to Dirty Dancing . . . One of the best movies of all time. Just because you don't dirty dance doesn't mean you can't appreciate the beauty of Patrick Swazy doing it!