One long string of random thoughts...

Sunday, May 27, 2007

And now...A PADRES KITTY!


Are you sensing a theme here?


First and foremost, before I get into this exciting little post, I have to throw in a random story. Today I fell down the stairs in church. YEP. You heard me right. I was giving the closing prayer, started to walk of the stand and slipped. Cue a bunch of loud noises while I tried to regain my balance wearing heels. Fortunately after a bunch of awkward swaying and turning red, I was able to walk back to my seat. Not BEFORE my hometeacher actually got halfway out of his seat to try to catch me. PLEASE, make this flashback stop...The best part about the whole thing was the way that everyone tried to make me feel better about it. Pam actually suggested that it was endearing. Brad told me that "it could have been much worse." He apparently thought I was going face first, dress up, feet in the air. He also wanted me to pretend to have broken my ankle so I could get "sympathy dates." He claimed they'd be coming in by the dozens. He actually checked in with me after second hour to find out if anyone had asked me out on account of my "cute fall."


Ok, now back to the picture. Padres game, Friday night. Actually quite hilarious (but not even close to the hilarity of above story) in that we got free beanies that none of us could fit on our heads. The 4 year olds in front of us could barely fit them on their heads. Of course I found a large stuffed kitty to take a picture with (can't forget my kitten obsession). Look at Bryan, doesn't he look stoked to be there? That man loves his Padres and kitties. Anyone out there who has not been to Petco Park is missing out on the experience of a lifetime. Not the hugest baseball fan but this stadium could make anything fun. GO PADS!


Other highlights included: some of the most random conversation I've ever heard, running a red light in front of a cop (not me driving), eating millions of "ogre-sized" PB M&M's, piggyback rides across the street, and 3 hilarious drunk girls sitting in front of us.




3 comments:

Jerald said...

Who cannot love someone that will tell the story on themselves about almost falling on their face in front of an entire LDS congregation. It ranks up there with the Brigham Young story, but I promise I won't tell it nearly as much. I always ask for the funny singles ward story of the day, usually the crazy TP ward wins the prize, but you trumped all today. Go JBob for being willing to make the catch!

mom

tjcool18 said...

I hate cats. I didn't try to make you feel better. In fact Lisa G. and I were laughing openly on the back row when you fell.

It was quite entertaining, but I am glad you weren't seriously injured.

lisa c. said...

I wish I would have seen the "cute fall." I totally missed it and just heard about it after. If this will help alleviate any embarrassment, I know exactly how you feel, having experienced a fall in front of a full house...side note, whomever ran that red light in front of a cop was sure toying with danger! Must be some crazy, awesome person to get away with that;)