One long string of random thoughts...

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Happy Belated Mom's Day




I know it is a little late, but I wanted to wish all the mothers out there reading a happy Mother's Day! We, the whole clan, celebrated in traditional style. And by that I do not mean goofy, inappropriate, and rowdy. I mean we all went to Church together in the morning (parents' ward). First miracle of the day was established when not a single person asked me if I'm married yet. Then Hayley and I ditched third hour (calm down I went to my own Ward later for 3rd hour) to go to a park in Encinitas and set up a picnic for everyone. The park overlooked the water and it was quite lovely. Hayley, Paige, Harper, and Blair made an amazing cheesecake which involved PB, chocolate chips, and Oreo crust. HELLO. It was incredible.

We tossed around the football, made fun of each other, helped Hayley with her Sunday School lesson, and had an all around good time. I think everyone enjoyed themselves as we honored my favorite matriarch and yours, Janna/Mom. And no I'm not just saying that because she is the most faithful reader of my blog (and probably your facebook page if you have one). Let me tell you the 10 most hilarious/great/entertaining things about my mom. I want you to beware that you will be sad your mom is not as cool when you read this.

Top 10 most hilarious/greatest/entertaining things about Mom/Janna:

10. She wants to be a librarian someday and she wears the reading glasses now. She has the stare DOWN.

9. She can beat me one on one in basketball.

8. She reads one murder novel per day when we are on vacation.

7. She hates to shop. NO EXCEPTIONS.

6. I gave her her first pedicure. Less than 10 years ago. She's addicted now.

5. She will scream until she is blue in the face for SDSU sports. Especially when playing against BYU.

4. She knows how to comment on blogs. And no one taught her.

3. She doesn't know how to work a digital camera. Usually.

2. I've never had any pain or illness she doesn't already know how to fix. Amazing.

1. She has more friends on her facebook page than Reid does (a college freshman).

1 comment:

Jerald said...

That was one of the nicest things that I have ever read, you are the greatest oldest daughter a mom could ever have. Rachel Dyer told me this was on, I hadn't checked for a couple of weeks, but now I'm glad I did.

Love Mom

Ps, you guys are the ones that make it such a great day